January 13, 2008

New Beginnings.......

There is a song by Mary Chapin Carpenter called You Win Again......

In it there is a line that goes like this........

....standing on the corner of love and heartache......

This is where I spent most of the year 2006 standing, rooted, waiting for decisions to be made.....then I spent 2007 walking away from this corner....deciding that I would just be blissfully single.......lol this worked.....some of the time.

2008 has started with sad endings and new beginnings......

Sad endings in that I lost my godmother, just after New Year's, after a long battle with cancer.....she and her husband were my Dad's, who just past away last April, very dearest and closest friends....so the funeral was fraught with all kinds of levels of sadness.....sadness and grief for her and her family, of course.....but also brought back memories of Dad's passing and his funeral.....same church, many of the same people.....grief wounds reopened with a view to healing over a bit more than before.

New beginnings in that I started dating again late last fall and shortly before Christmas met a very sweet interesting woman who, as luck would have it, lives nearby and is as interested in me as I am in her. It's still really early.....we've had what?.....2 dates with a plan for a third.....but damn it sure feels nice!

8 peeps just sayin':

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Good for you, Boo. When are you going to tell her...that you blog?

RED MOJO said...

I'm very happy to hear you have someone you're willing to open your heart to. It's exciting and scary, but absolutely worth the risk. Congratulations.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

BOO! Alright! Woo hoo! Yippee Skippy! You keep a better secret on that stuff than I do, for sure.

Drewpy Drew said...

So sorry for your loss.

Best wishes in your new relationthip.

Peace always.

Middle Girl said...

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the new beginnings.

Forever In Blue Jeans said...

Why Boo.. I do declare!!!! It's always the quiet ones! Congratulations on your new beginnings sweetheart!!

nina michelle said...

Yay Boo!!!!

oxox
nina

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Congrats on the new woman in your life. People who make your heart go pitty pat are nice, aren't they? :)