January 05, 2013

Happy New Year!!

So, I've never been much of a New Year's Resolution type of gal.....it just always seemed silly to me to have ONE day per year where you make all these promises and resolutions to yourself and sometimes the world and then never stuck to any of them.....well, such was always my experience.....just sayin'!
 
Anyway several years ago....probably 5 by now....right around this time of year, I embarked on some serious 'lifestyle changes' -- I refused to call them resolutions or name them such things as 'diets' etc., however, in time, I did accomplish some major things in my life including losing a bunch of weight (60+ pounds) and I quit smoking for the second time (3+ years smoke free now).
 
I'm happy to say that I'm still smoke-free and don't see that ever changing.  However, sadly some of the weight has crept back over the years as it often seems to do for those of us who have spent major parts of our lives battling the issue of weight.  Anyway, I love, love, love the new Weight Watchers commercials where the current spokes-woman, Jennifer Hudson, talks about....we all make mistakes and the weight can creep back....just something about how she words it makes it all feel so much less shame-based....I like that....shame in this realm serves NO purpose whatsoever and can only serve to keep us stuck and continue that wretched down-ward shame spiral.
 
 
Anyway,  the time feels right for Lifestyle Changes Phase II....I'm ready and I can't wait!!
 
 
 




0 peeps just sayin':