October 19, 2006

Is it just me............

Or does this clearly look like it has the potential to be a very dangerous contraption???????

At first, I had to do a double-take, I thought it was something one might use to clean a pool or a pond or part of a sewer system!!




I just can't help thinking.......WHO comes up with these kinds of things??? Who, who, who............and WHY??????????

"The FLOWBEE Vacuum Haircut System allows you to create the most popular haircut styles. FLOWBEE can cut your hair from 1/2" to 6" long in any 1/4" increments. Simply select the desired spacer depending on the length you want your haircut. Then attach the spacer to your Flowbee. Haircut styles of your choice are easy and clean. Longer than 6" haircut is possible with the addition of more spacers available on the parts page."

Doesn't this guy look like he is having entirely too much fun, in fact, more fun than a barrel of monkeys???

Have fun, (this poor lady looks like she is vacuuming her head....or willingly having her brain sucked out of her head.....and this is fun???

Save time,

Save money.

Safe and easy to use. (Excuse me????)

"The results are a refreshing vacuum haircut. " How come I have never heard of a refreshing vacuum haircut before?? Seeeeeeeeee what I mean....is it just me??

"Haircut cleanup is only a suction away" (losing your head or an ear might also be a mere suction away!!).....what fun


And for those folks perpetually on the go.....imagine that....there is a flowbee mini!!! For easy portability and no doubt it comes with a car adapter thingy so you can plug it into the lighter.....you know for those last minute touch ups??

Has anyone ever seen one of these before.....anyone??

I wonder how long it will be until someone dreams up an attachment for this little puppy so that it can also be used for eyebrow tweezing?? Maybe it's already been done?? Beard and moustache trimming??

Perhaps I am behind the times and actually they are outrageously popular and widely used in the States and us poor schleps here in Canada are just SO behind the times that we have not yet experienced this little marvel of time saving, fun and penny pinching, thrifty technology???

Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, someone fill me in!!!

8 peeps just sayin':

xxxx said...

Oh, my gosh. Is that really for real?

Drewpy Drew said...

"Oh, I see. It sucks and it cuts."

Mark Myers Saturday Night Live.

Syd said...

I'm begging you... try it. For the blog...

Unknown said...

roflmao Syd....as in....take one for the team??? You funny hunny!!! I will if you will....:)

The Guy Who Writes This said...

So the choice is to either listen to the person cutting your hair whine and blather on for a half hour or listen to your shop vac whine for five minutes. I vote flowbee...

greymatters said...

Oh, oh, oh ... I had a friend who bought one of those! I did; I did. She and her girlfriend were rather ... frugal, and when they started their own business, they thought that was a great way to economize.

The rest of us just tried not to laugh at the bad hair. Let's just say that for a good two years my friends did nothing to dispel the bad "lesbian hair" stereotype.

I should ask whatever happened to the Flowbee. Or, maybe I won't -- they might go and try to find it.

WenWhit said...

Sure, GM, you have a "friend."

greymatters said...

ROTFLMAO! I wish I weren't so "hair vain" that I'd have had guts to try it.

I also wish I had the guts to start my own business, too.