October 31, 2006

Music Trivia II.....

.....ok Drew here is another one for ya....but hey....whoever else gets there too....give us an answer!!!

"And eleven long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus"


I can't believe I found a pic of one....:)

What do you suppose the chances are of the word chartreuse having been used in any other song in the history of music??

God I almost can't believe I am admitting this.....but I got so nostalgic thinking about this song just now that I had to go download it!!! Another small confession....for a small wee moment of my life....I LOVED this whole cassette!!! (WOW I wonder what kind of phase that was????)

ahahaha I slay myself sometimes.....such a handy little skill to be able to entertain oneself eh??? roflmfao.....

9 peeps just sayin':

Drewpy Drew said...

Convoy by C.W. McCall. I have the album and I saw him play at a custom van and car show in the 70's. Yes, I am the man.

And I learned to drive in VW bus.

BTW - Hotwire is really the man when it comes to music. I think I just have more free time than he does.

Power to the people

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Weren't the 70s something?

greymatters said...

I, too, learned to drive in a VW bus ... on the way to the family ski vacation in Colorado in 1977.

Syd said...

Ok, I remember the song, but I never would have guessed it.

I AM, however jonesing for a VW Van. Check out this retro Campmobile.

Rainwolf said...

I definitely miss the 70's, I was some 30 yrs younger, and skinny, and clueless. Nevermind.

xxxx said...

I NEVER woulda guessed that!

chapin said...

I still have the album and it is autographed. He came to our small town Wal-Mart back in the day and you would have thought it was indeed the second coming.

pog mo thoin said...

Convoy was a huge hit in Ireland, the Irish tell me. Go figure! Of all songs to travel!

greymatters said...

Oh, I must send that link to the outdoorsy gf, Syd. She'll love it.