October 27, 2006

Music Trivia.......

Does anyone else have lyrics to songs that can send chills through you??? Sometimes it's the same line from the same song that can do it to you over and over again each time you hear it.....then other times it can be a line from an old song that never did it to you before but suddenly does.....and other times it's just a line out of any old song that zaps you like that!! What is that all about?? What is the reaction that makes that happen??

It happened to me today while driving in the car.....chills down my spine and the hairs on my arms up on end......sometimes really catches me by surprise!!!

Anyway got me thinking about lyrics to songs and how we all have ones that are meaningful to us....sometimes for the long term....sometimes just situational...........so I wondered if anyone could guess which song this is from........this is not the line that gave me chills....if I gave you that line it would be a cinch to guess.....but this line is from the same song and is the music trivia line for the evening......

"I have squandered my resistance for a pocket full of mumbles such are promises"

Anyone?? Come on....I know you wannnnnnnnnaaaa!!!

6 peeps just sayin':

xxxx said...

Lie la lie, lie la lie lie lie lie lie lie ...

Simon and Garfunkel! I love lyrics, too. Looooove them.

Drewpy Drew said...

'The Boxer' is the song title. They don't call me Rock and Roll Drew for nothing.

Anonymous said...

whew glad you we have people like the awesome drew around cuz I'm hopeless at guessing music.....


RR

The Mad Hatter said...

Ok, Im gonna fess up here. Between us right chick, I have a secret crush on Bette Midler, ok you can stop laughing now, please, ah c'mon, stop!

Well, whenever I hear her song 'Wind Beneath My Wings' I blub like the girl I try so hard not to be ;-)

There's also this other song by Westlife, its called 'Flying Without Wings', shite I've just realised something, Im a little obsessed with wings and flying, I wonder what that means!

Anyway, its this bit in the song that gets my hairs standing up with the stupport of gel or wax:

Everybody's looking for a something
One thing that makes it all complete
You'll find it in the strangest places
Places you never knew it could be

You'll find it in the deepest friendship
The kind you cherish all your life
And when you know how much that means
You've found that special thing
You're flying without wings

Well, for me it's waking up beside you
To watch the sunrise on your face
To know that I can say I love you
In any given time or place

It's little things that only I know
Those are the things that make you mine
And it's like flying without wings
Cos you're my special thing
I'm flying without wings

And you're the place my life begins
And you'll be where it ends
I'm flying without wings
And that's the joy you bring
I'm flying without wings

Ok, you must excuse me while I go and find a tissue ;-)

Kisses purple chick XxXxXxXxXxXxX

lisa said...

all lies in jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest

pog mo thoin said...

Wow Mad Hatter! Westlife!?! I didn't know they got a lot of airplay outside of where I am!!

Good lyrics do it for me too! The Boxer is poetry but there are so many!