January 10, 2007

Rare photos.......






Points to Ponder.....

Lives of all great men remind us we can make our lives sublime. And, at parting, leave behind us footprints on the sands of time.

--Longfellow

This particular quote came to me first from a very prim, proper but also very warm-hearted old (...and I mean bordering on ancient here) English teacher I had when I was about 11 years old attending school in England.....I can clearly remember her name -- Mrs. Churchill -- and her face -- very warm and kind but also very no-nonsense.....it was one of the first quotes that struck me with a sense of awe.....as did she herself.....she was probably one of the first ones to foster my love of quotes, poems and sayings. Funny....I have not thought of that particular vignette of my life for eons....and tonight it comes to me while searching for what to use for my Points to Ponder.......ahhhhhhhhhhh memories!!!

7 peeps just sayin':

Trish Ess said...

Wow! The falls look a bit.. chilly. A lot different than today!!

Why haven't you been around my blog, hrm....???? :)

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Trish, she knows your password, and I suspect she visits from the inside ; )

Churchill? Any relation to Winston?

mist1 said...

I feel cold.

Unknown said...

Man, that must have been ONE COOOOOLD YEAR. Aye!

Rainwolf said...

BRRRRR

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to put on a sweatshirt.....all that snow.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Awesome pictures;))