February 08, 2007

OK, so I admit......

.......that I am a reality TV junkie!! Yes, yes in spite of my mother's attempts to not allow my brain to be addled by senseless TV viewing....(or maybe, just maybe, because of it)......I do indeed watch some of them.....shocking I know!

These are my two favourites..............


Admittedly Survivor has gotten fairly "old" and it's pretty predictable these days but they are promising new twists and turns **yawn** this season.....which starts incidentally....TONIGHT!! So we shall see about the new twists and turns.......otherwise I will still be a faithful follower....it's a habit at this point and goes well with my other addictions.

Oh, by the way....my mother....remember how I was telling you about her opinions about mindless TV......well, she is SO, SO, SO a closeted Survivor viewer!!! She slays me.....she really does.......we will be chatting on the phone and she will say something along the lines of......."well, I was just channel surfing (sure, OK Mom) the other evening and I can't believe what I saw on Survivor.....OMG what were they thinking....and did you see **insert Survivor name here**....I can't believe what he said.....and what WAS that they were trying to make the Survivors eat....and what kind of a stupid challenge was THAT???". And she will proceed and carry on and basically tell me more about the show than I know!!! But, remember......she was only channel surfing!!

I also watch the Amazing Race which starts up again on February 18th!! I can't wait....this is probably my favourite reality TV show and it IS always different just by the fact that they are traveling around the globe and so are always seeing new sights, cultures and so on. This season it will be an All-Star version.....bringing teams from previous adventures together for this one.....should be fun.....I don't know if Mom watches this one.....will have to ask her.....or suggest it LOL!!


So there you have it.........Hi my name is Barb and I AM a reality TV show junkie!!!

Did I mention that I also am fond of American Idol?? I usually get into this one once the show is underway.....they spend weeks in auditions first......mind you watching some of the auditions is a hoot and a half!!!

There is a hilarious blog called American Midol which does some awesome pieces on the show......I see that they have added a new feature recently.........the Paula Abdul Insanity Index which currently pegs her at 6.2 and is updated weekly!! She really is a piece of work on that show!!!

OK, I am done now....over and out......Survivor is about to start!!

7 peeps just sayin':

SassyFemme said...

I love reality shows too, just not necessarily the same as you, except for Idol. I had a theory that most who liked blogs were into reality shows, too, but that was shot way the heck down by those who discussed it on my blog a while back.

mist1 said...

I will watch anything with Paula Abdul. I want to be just like her. Only drunker.

xxxx said...

I can't wait for Amazing Race! I love the idea of an All-Stars version. I'm in the minority, but I like Rob and Amber, too.

I saw Survivor tonight, too ... those snakes were naaaasty!

Unknown said...

Maybe you should audition for American Idol. Or Survivor. Or BOTH!

Middle Girl said...

I'm over Survivor. Was into Big Brother for the first couple. Stumbled into the Amazing Race this past season and did get hooked.

Mystic said...

Haa haa seems like your mom is definitely a closeted survivor viewer lol. I admit I have watched survivor and american idol but i don´t really now. All I really watch is the L word and Gilmore Girls, which is sucking big time this season.

Thanks for your friendly advice! ;)

Hugs!

Unknown said...

I freakin' LOVE Survivor and have been watching it since it first aired. It's a classic. Don't let anyone tell you different ;)