March 03, 2007

100 things about me.....part 6

  1. ALL my life I believed I was born on a Monday…..complete with the line from that poem….Monday’s child is….yadda yadda you know the one…..until I met my friend’s hubby who was born on the same day, month and year that I was. In his home he had one of those baby plates detailing one’s birth and it told me that we were born on a Friday. I, of course, did not believe this……THEY, you know that other family must have somehow gotten it wrong……afterall…..my birthdate fell on a Monday. That is until I went home and checked it out on the internet and, well, let’s just say…..THEY were right!!!



  2. You're a joy to everyone around you
    Your natural kindness shines through.


  3. I collect quotes and sayings in a journal and read them often

  4. I am 3rd generation Canadian on my Dad’s side and German on my Mom’s side

  5. When I was 3 years old I had a “bouncing on mom and dad’s bed” accident and knocked out all my top front teeth….the next set of teeth did not come in until I was 7 years old…..they thought my teeth would grow in crooked…..they didn’t

  6. I am thankful for that

  7. I hardly ever remember my dreams…I often say I do not dream….but am told, unequivocally, that I am wrong….everyone dreams. But seriously I have remembered maybe a handful of my dreams and then only the smallest of snippets…like a person in the dream, a scene, a thought…..(perhaps reason for therapy # 365)

  8. As a kid I had a recurring dream that I had gotten up, wandered to the bathroom and then on my way back I could not get back to my bed as the floor was wall to wall alligators and spiders.

  9. One of my dream jobs would be to own a bookstore……or better yet….a cozy bookshop with a little coffee bar attached…….



  10. But someone else would have to handle the business end or running things.......

  11. I just want to arrange books and drink coffee at the cash register.

  12. I don’t particularly like watching televised sports, but am glued to the summer and winter Olympics.

  13. I don't make my bed unless I've just changed the sheets......I don't see the point.....you're just going to get back in it again!

  14. When I die, I want to be cremated
  15. For a short time during university when a bunch of us would go out for a night on the town I would smoke dope in order to avoid drinking booze….I had this idea justified it by saying I was on diet and trying to avoid the calories from booze….did it work?? Uhhmmmm not so much!!

  16. My dream home……cozy log cabin in a clearing on a wooded lot with a stream or small lake close by......something like this........








11 peeps just sayin':

Rainwolf said...

Sounds amazingly like me.

Anonymous said...

that is an awesome place, i would like one of those too, please. take care and i hope you are dug out from the snow. (we had a dump of snow friday night, and well, it did melt somewhat).

Anonymous said...

Yeah that bookstore part? I would come and hang out and help you with re-arranging books and sipping coffee at the register.

It would be so great and then I would come visit you at your log cabin in the moutains...

You'd think we were realted or something ;)

Middle Girl said...

So much alike. Amazing.

Trish Ess said...

Twins by separate mothers, I tell ya. Erm... but I was born on a Tuesday.. and in a different month and year, I think. LOL

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Hey, that's my porch--well, except mine's going to have a double rocker.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the bed thing. I don't see the point in making a bed unless company is coming.

Attila the Mom said...

I'm with you on 11 and 12!

And this house? I wonder if it's manufactured by the same company who did ours. The kitchen is an almost identical floorplan, except the dishwasher is next to the stove and sink (the dishwasher in this pic is in a very weird place). Bizarre!

Trop said...

Love the dream house.

SassyFemme said...

The bookstore/coffeeshop part is a dream of Fran and mine, too, only ours would be a lesbian bookstore. That house would be an amazing dream house!

Anonymous said...

I hardly ever make my bed! Hey, I'm jumping back in it like 15 hours after I get up, so what's the point?

- Doggy Mama