June 26, 2007

We Are Unstoppable!!!

Guess what came to town this past weekend??? Give up?? Ok, I will tell you......

This past Sunday was Toronto's gay pride parade following a week long celebration of pride and this year's theme was..........




This is always one of my favourite days of the year!!! It's indescribable really......the ambiance, the solidarity, the feeling of pride.........amazing!! So I thought I would share some pics of the day........







For the past few years I have marched in the parade with a float supporting LGBTQ youth. Prior to this I would be squished somewhere standing in the throngs of peopple watching the parade....


OMG what a rush!!! Marching in the parade is just so incredibly powerful!! Waving, dancing and just generally making noise in front of hundred's of thousands of people.....and this from someone who is normally quite terrified in big crowds!!

5 peeps just sayin':

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Great pictures - your Pride has it all over ours!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo...sounds like a great party!!

Beth said...

I literally got "caught up" in that parade a few years ago when I returned to TO from Buffalo by bus. It was fun.
I'm thrilled and proud Toronto hosts it and that the turnout is so tremendous.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Boo, you've been tagged...please stop by my blog.

Unknown said...

That bus is so great!! I LOVE IT!!