July 05, 2007

Pet Peeve #358.............

Ok so I have just a few pet peeves......gives me an idea though.....perhaps I will share more as we go along............good blog topic don't ya think??

Back to the pet peeve.............

Tell me something dear reader.............what's wrong with these pictures??? Let's see if anyone else has the same pet peeve as I do.........


Here we have some lovely shots of families out for a nice bike ride..........what fun?? Relaxing in the great outdoors, fresh-air, sunshine, exercise......what could be better......it's a great way for families to spend time together right??



But still there is the niggling question of what is amiss in each of these shots...........



Anyone care to hazard a quess??



Come on.........





Give up yet???





Alright, alright I will tell you what my pet peeve is...................

How come the parents are not wearing helmets????????????????????????????????????

It's all very awesome that the kidlets all have them securely fastened to their lil noggins....but why not the parents??? This just irks me to no end!!! It's excellent that the parents make sure the children are safe and protected......but what happens to and who looks after the kids if Mommy or Daddy or, heaven forbid, both parents get killed or are permanently brain damaged by some unforseen mishap??

They don't refer to bike helmets as "brain buckets" for nothing you know!!!

Pet peeving rant over and out...............

.............until next time that is!!!!

7 peeps just sayin':

Anonymous said...

*scream*

Clearly this is a case of: -Do as I say and not as I do-

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you! My 12 year old fell at a roller skating party at school in November (it was a new school, her old school provided helmets, she told me this one did too, my huge mistake for not double checking) and she skating without the helmet (huge no,no for us) fell, hit her head, has to go to the hospital, major concussion, missed months of school, still being treated by the Concussion Clinic and having symptoms, but she will be ok. There is no way child/teen/adult should not wear helmet doing any type of these activities. Brain buckets apply to all. So glad you brought this up!!!! I hate it when I see that too.

Middle Girl said...

Agreed! Not to mention the message it sends the kinds.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I noticed it right away. My kids are very cranky about wearing theirs, but I always make them and I always wear mine. Known to many friends who have been injured/killed from brain trauma.

OneEar said...

With my kids, I use the same explanation for not wearing a helmet as for drinking beer:

"Your brain is still growing, mine is withering an excrutiating death."

Unknown said...

HMMM....weird that the parents would make all the kids wear helmets and neglect to wear them themselves. LOL. Your post reminded me of that game you'd play as a child, "Can you see what is wrong in this picture?"

Susan said...

I pegged it right away. Share your peeve sistah!

If I don't wear one, can't make my kids!