November 27, 2007

My drive home last night...........

This is what I drove home in last night......only it was even worse in that it was dark already!! Normally a 45 minute drive took me exactly double to get home........

ACK!!!! Need I say more???

Someone quick..........remind me again why I live in Southern Ontario??

Seems to me that the older I get the less well able I am to cope with this kind of driving......and we have 4-6 months of this yet to come???? OMG!!



Now the only saving grace (hehehe as I hum the Monty Python tune....always look on the bright side of life.....) is that my drive to and from work is mostly along smaller country highways which means a)generally less traffic and b)generally people taking it easy and being appropriately cautious and c)if I choose to drive half on the very wide gravel shoulders for added traction.....who can argue that??? I have been driving this same route for a long, long time and know with certainty that I could probably do the entire route driving on that nicely graveled shoulder!!

I would probably have to quit working if my commute took me along major highways in snowstorms like this.............

7 peeps just sayin':

The Guy Who Writes This said...

At least there are no black flies at this time of year.

Steve H said...

if it's going to be cold it might as well snow...

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Ya' just have to think about California. Earthquakes, landslides, tornadoes, snowstorms in the mountains, and out-of-control wildfires is all we worry about. Oh, and traffic jams, high prices, and high taxes. Have a spare snowshovel, I might end up there.

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare! Glad you made it home, hon...I worry about you and your long drive.

Drewpy Drew said...

Traffic sucks. Sun, rain, or snow, traffic sucks!

I'm with Hotwire. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

chapin said...

Holy Cow...I'd move to a much warmer place if I had to drive in that very often.

Middle Girl said...

I will not complain about the weather here any more. Well...maybe not until February.