November 30, 2007

Bad Hair Day...............

.......or bed-head, take your pick!!

I took a sick day from work today.......I have a bad cold which, I swear on all that is holy, has been with me on and off for about 3 weeks now!! Some days I feel completely fine.....others I am sneezing, sniffling, runny-nose, achey, pounding head

I wanted to get my grocery shopping done (usually a Saturday job but I have to take the dogs to the vet and have other stuff to do tomorrow). I debated cuz I figured with my luck I'd run into my boss....and you know....that hole stupid thinking that happens about that........oooooooh if I see my boss she'll think I'm not really sick etc., etc.. Am I the only one that does that kind of thing???

Anyway I digress.......so I came to my senses and realised....sick people can go out and do stuff like shopping.....it's not like I have the plague or something hugely debilitating!! So off I toodle, list in hand and get my groceries.

All's well.....until I was leaving.....when I had loaded everything into the back of the car and looked in the rearview mirror to back out of the parking space in.....what did my horrified eyes behold????? I was staring aghast at myself in the mirror......seems I forgot to do anything with my hair before leaving the house......I had the MOST horrific bedhead I've ever seen!! OMG....I had a shower right before bed last night and went to bed with damp hair.....and, well.....I cannot believe that I didn't get any incredulous looks from anyone at the store!! Oh dear............:)

Without a word of a lie.........my hair looked like this today............while out in public!!!

I don't know who this cute as a button young boy is but I found the pic doing a Google Image search so I hope it's ok to use it!! On him? The bed-head looks adorable and makes you go Awwwwwwwwwwwwww and wanna cuddle him all up!!

On my 46 year old head out in public.....mmmmm not so much!!!

**sigh**

5 peeps just sayin':

Anonymous said...

GAHAHAHAHA

I bet you looked adorable :D

The Guy Who Writes This said...

You should be proud that you aren't married to the mirror. That tells me you have fewer insecurities. Now go find a hat...

Beth said...

If it makes you feel any better, I've gone out wearing a white t-shirt - inside-out - and have also been known to sport those sticky size labels on new jeans.
Hope the cold is better.

Middle Girl said...

Oh, don't fret. We've all been there. It was probably not nearly as bad as you thought.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Check it out - in a few months, everyone will be sporting that "do." You are probably a trendsetter.