October 05, 2006

Borrowed funnies.......

These are borrowed from a Thursday 13 post I found at Trish's (not my sis Trish) blog.....these were my favourites!!! Who comes up with things like these????


  • If Woody Allen married Natalie Wood, divorced her and married Gregory Peck, divorced him and married Ben Hur, he'd be Woody Wood Peck Hur.

  • If Ivana Trump married, in succession, Orson Bean (actor), King Oscar (of Norway), Louis B. Mayer (of MGM), and Norbert Wiener (mathematician), she would then be Ivana Bean Oscar Mayer Wiener.

  • If Shirley Jones married Tom Ewell, then Johnny Rotten, then Nathan Hale, she'd be Shirley Ewell Rotten Hale.

  • Nog (Quark's brother on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine") has no other name, so he uses it twice when getting a marriage license. IF he married Howard Hughes, and then Pamela Dare, he'd be Nog Nog Hughes Dare.

  • If Snoop Doggy Dogg married Winnie the Pooh, he'd be Snoop Doggy Dogg Pooh.

  • If Dolly Parton married Tommy Smothers, then went even further back in show business and married Mr. Lucky, then divorced and married Martin Short, then divorced and married football kicker Ray Guy, we could all giggle our asses off when we heard, "Dolly Parton Smothers Lucky Short Guy."

Well I am off for the weekend.....so you all behave yourselves ya hear??? ***eyeing Syd in particular who is unsupervised this weekend...yikes!!!***

It's our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and so some members of the family are off to the cottage to enjoy the fall colours, some good eats and each others company. It's a bit of an unexpected treat as sadly the cottage is up for sale (for many different reasons...Dad's ill health and the financial costs of the upkeep of the place mainly) so we thought it would be sold and gone by now and that our week long stay in September would be our last visit to my "lil peace of heaven" which is how I have always thought of it........it's a magical, mystical wonderful spot and we will miss it dearly as it has been the sight of many happy, eventful and memorable family gatherings, big and small, over the years. Sometimes there were up to 24 of us there (with 14 beds....means lotsa bodies strewn about!) and sometimes there were just 3 or 4 people there.


I am part of a large family and sometimes the only times we would all get to see each other would be at the cottage in the summers. Here is one of my favourite pictures....taken at sunrise....which, ergo, means it was not taken by me!!! But it was taken by someone brave enough to be up that early in the morning......:)

So, whatever it is you may be doing this weekend I hope everyone has a blast......see you all next week!!

8 peeps just sayin':

greymatters said...

Have a great time! Enjoy the holiday and the outdoors. It seems a bunch of people are getting out of town this weekend (save for Syd, the unsupervised ... heh).

Syd said...

Awwww, so nice to be loved. (Even though i *know* you both are secretly hoping I do something bad)

The cottage sounds lovely. Enjoy your visit.

Elle Charlie said...

Looks so beautiful - what a great combination: a getaway and time with family. Hope it's fabulous!

xxxx said...

Too funny!

Have a great time!

Trish Ess said...

Hey! Thanks for the love!! :) Hope you had a great long weekend and didn't overdo the turkey thing. ;)

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Don't mean to pry, but is that Hawk Lake in Quebec? If so, that is where I spent my summers while I was growing up. And if so, I like to hear about what it is like now.

Unknown said...

Hi Guy.....hope you make a return visit so you can see the answer to your question....:)

That picture is not of Hawk Lake in Quebec although just the sound of that intrigues me....I love hawks!!!

Actually that picture is taken in cottage country, Ontario....Lake Muskoka to be more precise....it's where we have spent our summers for most of our lives and sadly our cottage is up for sale as my Dad who owns the place is not well and the cost of the upkeep is too prohibitive for even us 6 siblings to undertake....sad times....:(

The Guy Who Writes This said...

You bet I'm back. I have your blog listed where I get a notification when you update. The topography and look of the lake is close to Hawk Lake. Which by the way is about 30 miles from Buckingham. I was last there in 1980.

When I went there there were only six houses on the lake, it has since been sold of in parcels, and I hear there are lots of houses now. I found a blogger who has family there and photos, but he has yet to reply to my email questions.

I presently live in Oregon, and I am ever hopeful that I will return one day. I am presently working on a novel that uses the lake as a back drop, so I am constantly bring up old fond memories. Thanks for the reply.