October 02, 2006

These are a few of my favourite things.......



One of the things I like most about visiting with my sister and her family....well aside from this awesome bread she always bakes me and sends me home with......is their weekend morning routines.....simply wonderful sums it up well!!!! However, allow me to explain a bit further so you get the feel of it........

Generally, after a cozy sleep-in until about 8:30/9:00 and then a quick fresh-up, you saunter down the stairs and find that most everyone is up already.....well my sis, her hubby and their youngest are all up.....the other two sons are teenagers so are known to sleep in at length....but not always. Entering the kitchen your senses quickly take in the comforting aroma of good strong coffee wafting towards you along with the smell of bacon or sausages cooking on the stove....and if it's a cool morning there is a fire crackling in the woodstove in the kitchen. The kitchen has an awesome big island where on one side is the sink, dishwasher and some cupboards.....the other side is a breakfast counter with 4 tall chairs.....so after the usual "good mornings" and the "did you sleep well" and pouring yourself a cup of coffee it's time to grab a section of the newspaper and take a seat with whoever else is there. Then it's a long leisurely morning of coffee, toast, reading the paper, chatting and generally hanging out together.....it is awesome and I LOVE IT!!!!

Here is a picture of my sis and her youngest doing just what I have been describing....except the youngest is reading an Asterix comic book....his favourite breakfast read....between all three boys I think they have everyone single one of the Asterix and Obelisk comic books!!!

Now check out my sis.....she is doing what she does best....enjoying her morning cup of coffee....this woman is a coffee diva!!! For anyone that has been to her blog......does this picture not look very similar to the avatar/picture she uses on her blog???? LOL I think it does!!! That could truly be an avatar that was custom made for her!!!

Now imagine our surprise one morning when we look out the kitchen window to see this fellow checking out the goldfish in the pond!!! I swear at one point he was poised to strike and get himself a nice, plump goldfish for breakie. He was just amazing to watch....and he was about 10 feet from the back door. I had to do a double take when I first saw him and had a nano-second thought of "...oh they got a new statue....." before realizing that he was real and in the flesh!!!

6 peeps just sayin':

Attila the Mom said...

Wow, that is some great-looking bread!

Now I'm hungry. LOL

Syd said...

I covet both the bread AND your sister's rockin' kitchen. (talk about Supermom!)

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Damn Blue Herron. They wipped out my pond this summer as well.

greymatters said...

I want the kitchen, too. I'm green with envy. I'd be hanging out there, too.

Especially if bread were involved as well.

xxxx said...

Oh, that bread looks sooooo good!

Anonymous said...

Yummo that bread looks divine!! You are so lucky to have such a fab sis!!