November 02, 2006

Fascinating......

I got these in an email today....never heard of them, never seen them before....but they sure are amazingly beautiful!!!



GLASSWING BUTTERFLY


LIVES IN SOUTH AMERICA - A butterfly with transparent wings is rare and beautiful. As delicate as finely blown glass, the presence of this rare tropical gem is used by rain forest ecologists as an indication of high habitat quality and its demise alerts them of ecological change. Rivaling the fine beauty of a stained glass window, the translucent wings of the Glasswing Butterfly shimmer in the sunlight like polished panes of turquoise, orange green and red. All things beautiful, do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in life that which is unnoticed has the most power.



4 peeps just sayin':

Attila the Mom said...

Wow, you learn something new every day. These are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for posting them!

Middle Girl said...

What absolutely marvelous and beautiful things to arrive in your mailbox. Simply gorgeous.

Syd said...

Beautiful.

As long as they don't touch me.

K & I visited the Butterfly Conservatory at Callaway Gardens a few yrs ago. I thought I was going to tear a hole in the side of the place, trying to get out of there. Silly, I know.

Suzanne said...

Nature never ceases to amaze me.