December 17, 2006

Liquid lunch anyone.......

I am a social worker......**gasp**.....yeah, yeah....I've heard it all....go on get it outta your system......I'm thick-skinned I can handle it.....but I am not one of "those" social workers trust me!!!

Anyway....the majority of my clients suffer from multiple issues not the least of which is often addictions issues.....okay, I work with alcoholics and drug addicts.......often times what goes with the field, and with any other high stress field, is a certain allowance for what I like to call "gallows humour".....trust me, I adore 96% of my clients but to work effectively with some of the folks I work with.....some kind of outlet is a must.....in fact, oftentimes it's a sanity saver!!

Well....here is one of my all time favourite examples of just that kind of humour..............


12 peeps just sayin':

Rhea said...

I was at a party yesterday with a lot of social workers who deal with domestic violence and they mentioned the same thing. Gallows humor. It's a good thing sometimes.

roro said...

hahahaaa! Awesome picture. I'm like that with eggnog this time of year - which is probably why I'm having trouble standing up . . .

Deborah said...

hehehehehehe

I'm not a big drinker, but drinking big, that something else altogether. ;)

Drew Blackstone said...

Yeah, but did you see the line for the men's room?

SassyFemme said...

Oh that's funny!

Syd said...

That pic could easily be titled Barb & Syd at Happy Hour. (given the chance)

Boo7 said...

roflmao indeed it could Syd!!

mist1 said...

A Social Worker? I'll have to try that. I'm a Social Drinker.

Trish said...

I wonder if I could get some martini glasses in that size?

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Barb and Syd? Which one of you has the moustache?

Annoyed said...

Another great photo!

been there....

Ramblin Rose said...

I remember drinking a margarita that size once... pre kids....


social workers rock!!! You all need to be paid more money along with teachers!!!

Rock on.....