December 17, 2006

Liquid lunch anyone.......

I am a social worker......**gasp**.....yeah, yeah....I've heard it all....go on get it outta your system......I'm thick-skinned I can handle it.....but I am not one of "those" social workers trust me!!!

Anyway....the majority of my clients suffer from multiple issues not the least of which is often addictions issues.....okay, I work with alcoholics and drug addicts.......often times what goes with the field, and with any other high stress field, is a certain allowance for what I like to call "gallows humour".....trust me, I adore 96% of my clients but to work effectively with some of the folks I work with.....some kind of outlet is a must.....in fact, oftentimes it's a sanity saver!!

Well....here is one of my all time favourite examples of just that kind of humour..............


12 peeps just sayin':

Anonymous said...

I was at a party yesterday with a lot of social workers who deal with domestic violence and they mentioned the same thing. Gallows humor. It's a good thing sometimes.

Anonymous said...

hahahaaa! Awesome picture. I'm like that with eggnog this time of year - which is probably why I'm having trouble standing up . . .

Middle Girl said...

hehehehehehe

I'm not a big drinker, but drinking big, that something else altogether. ;)

Drewpy Drew said...

Yeah, but did you see the line for the men's room?

SassyFemme said...

Oh that's funny!

Syd said...

That pic could easily be titled Barb & Syd at Happy Hour. (given the chance)

Unknown said...

roflmao indeed it could Syd!!

mist1 said...

A Social Worker? I'll have to try that. I'm a Social Drinker.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I could get some martini glasses in that size?

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Barb and Syd? Which one of you has the moustache?

Mr. A said...

Another great photo!

been there....

Anonymous said...

I remember drinking a margarita that size once... pre kids....


social workers rock!!! You all need to be paid more money along with teachers!!!

Rock on.....