December 18, 2006

Synchronicity....

What a wonderful word!! It's one of my very favourites.......

Wikipedia has this to say about it.......


Synchronicity is a word that Swiss psychologist Carl Jung used to describe the "temporally coincident occurrences of acausal events." Jung spoke of synchronicity as an "acausal connecting principle" (i.e. a pattern of connection that cannot be explained by direct causality). Cause-and-effect, in Jung's mind, seemed to have nothing to do with it. Put plainly, synchronicity is the experience of two or more occurrences (beyond coincidentally) in a manner that is logically meaningful- but inexplicable- to the person or persons experiencing them. Such events would also have to suggest an underlying pattern in order to satisfy the definition of synchronicity as developed by Jung.

Today was a day characterized by synchronicity for me. Let's examine the evidence.......

1) After leaving a rushed holiday lunch with a couple of colleagues at a chinese restaurant I forgot about my fortune cookie and did not open it until I was at my next destination.....here is what it said.......



Well this could just not have been more perfect for where I am in my life right now......complicated relationship break-up, a break-up that I don't particularly want.....long story......not sure if I ever wanna be in another one....blah, blah, blah......then I get this for my fortune today.......incredible really.....I just read that and thought....."WOW OK so I am where I need to be right now at this point in time".


2) Went to the mall trying mightily to finish up the last of my grinchly christmas shopping..... found everything relatively quickly and painlessly.....rounded the corner to get a coffee here.........


And there was NO line-up....a miracle in and of itself.....I ordered a large of their Christmas Blend coffee....the guy went to fill it up and there was only 3/4 of a cups worth....he apologized profusely and assured me it would only take 5 minutes to brew a fresh pot....I said "...no, no just charge me for a smaller cup....how much would that be...." to which he responded with...."...that would be free.....Merry Christmas!" How cool is that??

3) Remember how I said that lunch was a bit rushed....well there was a gift exchange as well....but we were rushed -- so the exchange kinda happened out in the parking gift, on the fly, as everyone was jetting out to their next appointments etc., etc.. Well I didn't get a chance to open mine till many hours later once home again.......look what my office diva (I prefer calling her that than secretary or admin assistant.....she prefers it too!!) gave me........




....it's one of those scent diffusers.......OMG....how cute is that......AND has anyone noticed the sub, sub-title to my blog....which I just added not too long ago......"live well, laugh often, love much".....hellooooooooooo synchronicity??!!!! And can you stand how cute those little wax cakes are......a cinammon bun and a gingerbread man......amazing!!!


4) The other day I stumbled on a new blog.....The Boomer Chronicles......great, great, fun blog all pertaining to baby boomer business.....and that day's post was about potatoe latkes....I had made them once eons ago but never again......well guess what I made for dinner tonight.....and can I just tell you how fabulously they turned out?? Well....see for yourself.............




I know you can't taste them but they turned out crisp and golden brown and absolutely YUMMY!!!

Oh......and who can forget the kick-ass album by the Police from the 80's.....


So there you have it....synchronicity at it's finest.......I really needed a day like today!!!


Points to Ponder........


Whether we name divine presence synchronicity, serendipity, or graced moment matters little. What matters is the reality that our hearts have been understood. Nothing is as real as a healthy dose of magic which restores our spirits.

10 peeps just sayin':

Rainwolf said...

Sounds like a truly awesome day. Congratulations.

mist1 said...

I firmly believe in magic.

Anonymous said...

Glad your day went well hon! And also glad to see that you are using the cast iron frying pan I gave you...or was that a prop? LOL

The Synchronicity album? Awesome! Came out in 1983 I believe...thank you thank you I am the diva of all things '80's.

Anonymous said...

That album rocks!! I love the 80's!! :)


That coffee guy was sooo nice!! sounds like a pretty good day... and oh I have those candle melt things and they are awesome...

Unknown said...

wolf.....sounds like you had a good one too with all that spoiling going on!!

mist1...magic is an interesting thing eh??

Trish....ROFLMAO!! we are on the same wave-length....I meant to specifically point out the cast iron frying pan....JUST FOR YOU!!!! I even went back to edit that in but something else must have caught my eye because I never did do it...too, too funny!!!

***Just FYI for other readers....my sis has a THING for cast iron cookware...has she ever mentioned that she can be just a week bit obsessive?? Just askin'***

**grin**

Ramblin'....yeah one can never have too many of those smelly things...well, certain good smelly things that is!! lol

Middle Girl said...

What a marvelously shucky ducky day :) wow.

Drewpy Drew said...

This is so cool. Sunday at church, me and another guy form the band (The League of Crappy Guitarists) were listing the good music from the 80's. It was a short list. That album was high on the list.

Cool.

Attila the Mom said...

What a great post!

You know, synchronicity is a big theme that runs through adoption reunions.

Mother and daughter staying in the same dorm at the same college 19 years apart, adoptee volunteering at a cancer ward in a city she never lived in and finding out later that one of her "patients" was her birth father. Stuff like that. It's eerie!

Sounds like you had a great day!

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Oh, how nice it would be to have a day like that. Very cool.

SassyFemme said...

That sounds like a fabulous day! Love the gift you got, that's one of my favorite sayings!