January 16, 2007

Feelin' the Love.......

First off.................Awwwwwwwwww thank-you so, so much to everyone for the supportive words and hugs in response to my post from yesterday......all very much appreciated.......

Now on to our regularly scheduled post.............


LOOK what I discovered the other day!!! ------->click here<-------- to find out what's got me all aquiver today......(not that it takes that much mind you)....ok, ok get yer minds outta the gutter peeps.....geeeeeeeeeeez!! Y'all were expecting something naughty perhaps weren't ya??? Give a gal a break......did we forget my broken heart post of yesterday??!!??!! Cut a gal some slack k?? You think I'd be posting about sex already??

OK, OK...lemme back up a bit and explain.....

Hi, my name is Barb.....and I'm a huge closet American Idol fan

......there I said it, phew! I feel so much better you just can't imagine!!

For the most part it's not an addiction I announce proudly....people give me funny looks when I do that!!

So, the other day I was blogsurfing, making the rounds of my blogroll and stopped by Curly McDimple's (gotta *heart* this name!) place Ham and Cheese on Wry (another name to *heart*!) and what do my wandering eyes behold but a post about American Idol.....with a link to this other blog d.e.d.i.c.a.t.e.d. to the show.........unbelievable!!!

I see that Curly is a contributor and although I don't know whose brain-child the blog is....how cool is this?? A place to go and kibbitz about Paula Abdul's latest incarnation as something other than herself....a place to wonder outloud with kindred spirits what exactly was it that Paula just tried to say.....or which illicit substance she is experimenting with this evening....or will both of her eyes be moving in the same direction any time soon........and well, I haven't explored the whole site yet.....but I imagine other peeps get picked on, cut to shreds discussed there as well.....although Paula does tend to steal the limelight an aweful lot!!!

Long story short....I left a comment for Curly about my excitement at having found American Midol and I confessed to her my addiction fondness for American Idol.........

Curly's response to me..........

Let your freak flag fly, Barb! You're among friends here. We love the show and we are not ashamed! Lay down your guilt and come out of hiding. We welcome you.

OMG!!! ------>I.am.so.feelin'.the.love.<------



Me flying my freak flag!!

9 peeps just sayin':

Kari Lee Townsend said...

First off, OMG I cracked up over the biker pictures. You are sooo funny.

Second, sorry about the breakup. That totally sucks, but it's probably time.

Third, I love American Idol. Haven't seen the American Midol site but it sounds funny.

Middle Girl said...

Way to get in touch with your A I freak side.

Anonymous said...

LMAO...

You been mixing your meds again?

Yer too funny sis

mist1 said...

I am not ashamed. I love Idol auditions. I would watch an entire season of auditions. I also love Paula because both of us drink in the morning.

Attila the Mom said...

Curly's blog is a hoot! I am so sorry to read about your personal troubles. It's always so hard to know what to say...

xoxo

Unknown said...

Hey there! I just found your site through SassyFemme's! I love it and will be back to read more when I have a little more time. At "work" right now :) Come check mine out sometime if you want! I'd love to have you as a new friend out there in blog land!

Sarah

Unknown said...

Wow. And here I thought I was the only one to write about American Idol. How silly of me ...

Mr. A said...

Let it fly indeed!

I just noticed the Dead Head bear dancing on the blog....

I've waved that flag once or twice ;-)

Bent Fabric said...

I'm a proud addict.