December 05, 2007

WOW!!!!

This is my nephew.....he's 10 years old and the piece he is playing is something he himself composed.....just on his own....without writing the notes down or anything like that.....just off the top of his head.....and the tips of his fingers!

He is very gifted at the piano.....last time I was there he was playing pieces from Dvorak's New World Symphony (one of my favourites) and waltzes by Johan Strauss!!



Recently I asked him how he's able to play such amazing pieces without ever looking at the music?? Without missing a beat and while continuing to play he said....."I dunno, I just have to think about the piece and it's like a page of music just appears in my head". Another time he said....."You know it's weird, sometimes I don't even have to think about the music....it's like my fingers just know exactly the notes to play".

Doesn't this sound like it could be the theme song of some Broadway show or something along those lines?? I am just in awe of this young man and his talents!!!

8 peeps just sayin':

Steve H said...

my son is 10 and just started playing and I have to show this to him!!!!

Middle Girl said...

Awesome!!

Unknown said...

He's TEN???? And he made that up himself? Incredible. He is gifted. Gotta love that.

(Thanks for the nice comment, Boo! Sorry it's been a while ...)

RED MOJO said...

Wow, that's pretty impressive! I am visiting you for the first time. I tracked you over here from Dorky Dad, after reading your comment. I couldn't agree more, why can't people keep things in perspective anymore?

drowning pisces said...

Awesome indeed. I love the quote "..it's like my fingers just know exactly the notes to play". Don't ya just wish life was more like that sometimes!

nina michelle said...

Holy moly what a kid!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Wow - sounds very brilliant. I hope he can take care of you in your old age when he's all famous and stuff!

Beth said...

Very, very talented young man!
I love how he explains his amazing musical ability - in such a matter-of-fact manner.