December 17, 2007

The Golden Girls.....

Please allow me to introduce you to my girls........

A blog I recently discovered, Drowning Pisces (of the recent most excellent post about ellipses!), had a picture of two of her cuties -- one is 156 lbs. and the other is 7 lbs lol!!!

This is Molly....my 6 year old golden retriever....ain't she pretty?? Both girls are rescue dogs and I've had Molly since she was about 2 years old. I don't think she was treated very well for the first 2 years of her life as I have never met a more anxious dog in my life...you just have to look at her the wrong way and she is rolling on her back in a very submissive pose giving you her belly....not sure she'll ever grow out of that. But she is a sweet, sweet girl who just wants to be loved and fed.

Maggie protecting her bowl!!

And then there's Maggie who is a Shi-pooh....3 years old....I got her about a year ago...also a rescue dog....I think she was part of a puppy mill scenario. She is the bossy-boots in the family and has no qualms about keeping Molly in her place!! They play very sweetly together and I am always in awe at how gentle Molly is with her. They will play tug of war with a rope-toy and let's face it...with the size difference and if Molly had a mind to.....she could pretty much launch Maggie into outer space....but she never does and Maggie usually ends up winning....trotting off happily with her prize!!

They love to sleep touching each other.....usually Molly will settle in for a nice nap and then a few minutes later Maggie will ever so nonchalantly settle herself in next to her big sister.



7 peeps just sayin':

Anonymous said...

Boo- thanks for the mention and kind words. Your babies..They're beautiful! Your little Maggie sounds a lot like Sachi. The personalities that these animals have are so wonderful aren't they?

Give 'em a big ole' hug for me!

RED MOJO said...

Gorgeous babies. Mine are having the worst time right now with about16" of snow on the ground and an icey coating that won't hold their weight. It's torture around here, we all hate the snow lately. :(

Steve H said...

they look beautiful and so loving!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are adorable. J esp. likes Maggie doesn't he?

Middle Girl said...

Just adorable.

nina michelle said...

oh boo! they are so cute! i like how you say "they like to sleep touching each other".

Attila the Mom said...

Awww, I just want to get down there and roll around with 'em! Too precious!