December 13, 2007

Tales of a shopping adventure.....

Leading up to the holiday season Dorky Dad has been writing a series of articles about how much he adores this time of year....especially this year as he is hosting both his parents as well as his in-laws!! He's a tad stressed over it all.....go on over to his blog and you can read all about it!! We all know that he will come out of this just fine.....regardless of the outcome....no doubt the events will make for more interesting blog fodder!! Funny, fun fellow!!

Anyway....one of his recent posts was about standing in line for 45 minutes for something that took all of 15 minutes and it put me in mind of..................

Christmas line-ups..............OMG!!

This is the time of year....each and every year mind you -- you'd think I'd learn...when I am cursing and resolving that NEXT year I won't wait till it gets to this level of madness and mayhem!!!

I have to say though, the other day the good mojo gods must have been smiling at me....I steeled myself for a trip to the mall, with list in hand, hoping to make this as short and sweet as possible!! Would you believe that somehow I made it the entire length of the mall, back and forth, hit about 6 shops, got 5 people completely bought for....and made it out alive in under 40 minutes!!!

I was in and outta there so fast I felt like.............


"¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!"

I suspect that people saw the determination in my eyes and the smoke coming outta my heels as I was motoring along and made the wise decision to steer clear of such a frightning and intimidating force!!

Then afterwards I treated myself to one of these most delicious of beverages -- a gingerbread latte................YUMMERS!!

8 peeps just sayin':

drowning pisces said...

You're my role model! A list.. that would be helpful... ya.. a list. I H-A-T-E shopping... but I gotta do it this weekend. I WILL NOT be running around on x-mas eve this year.. wondering how I can convince my sister that the Pepto-Bismal pink candies from Walgreen's are really "In" this year.

Middle Girl said...

WoW! I have a marathon session scheduled for this weekend. aarrggghhh

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Love your ellipses.

I'm partial to those Starbucks Vanilla Frappucinos. Yum!!!

And, I have yet to step foot in a mall this season. Yeah...me!!!

RED MOJO said...

This may be dodging some important part of Christmas, but I do just about all my shopping online. I have been for about 10 years. All but stocking stuffers. If you do it early so you don't have to stress over shipping, it's soooo easy. :)

Unknown said...

You ... are ... my ... hero. 40 minutes?

Wooooow!

I am in total awe.

Attila the Mom said...

I am sooooo glad I do most of my shopping online!! LOL

If I ever have to go to the mall I'm bringing you with me. You rock!

Steve H said...

speedy gonzales rocks!

Anonymous said...

you need to hook up with my strategic shopping gf... we bought a tv and dvd player in 10 minutes sunday. i'm still spinning. i've never bought anything that fast in my life! unless it's a gingerbread latte... btw, the cinnamon dolce is pretty tasty too...

cute pups, btw, on your recent post. rescue dogs make me smile! as did speedy.