December 11, 2007

Today's funny bit......

Heard today in a moment of frustration about lord know's what — from one of the feisty as hell, female, 50-something, single, straight probation officers I often work with.........


".....goddamnit, what I need is a wife AND a live-out husband......"

Oh my lord this made me laugh!!!

She knows I am gay and so, without missing a beat I responded with.....

"...I'd like that too but probably for different reasons than you!!"

Love, love, love moments like this.........:)

10 peeps just sayin':

Anonymous said...

GAHAHAHA

Classic!

Beth said...

Gay or straight, I think every woman would be thrilled with a wife and a live-out husband!

Unknown said...

Too true Beth!! You are absolutely right.....:)

RED MOJO said...

Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm not sure about the husband part, how far out would he live?

Unknown said...

I read a story once about how many career women say that they need a wife to compete with the men in their office. (Serious)

Funny.

Middle Girl said...

I'm in. Where's the line?

the walking man said...

So become her kept woman and make her old man support the two of you and your woman too if you're not single.

No re-alignment needed just go backwards to the planet of Teenagerous. I'm 53 and disabled retired and seriously thinking of regression therapy back to about 17.

Peace

mark

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Sounds like a plan. That was one of those great moments in workplace humor - I don't get those, so I'm jealous.

Like the day my kid responded to my frustrated need for a sugar daddy, for the sugar, not the daddy, and she said, "That would be okay, as long as he sleeps in the garage."

heartinsanfrancisco said...

That is too funny! And it's true -- women need a wife, too, for all the things they do. Kind of like a secretary but up close and personal.

Attila the Mom said...

Hahahaha! The other day, I overheard one woman talking to another...she said, "You know that guy is just a--you know, he's a Slinky! Not good for anything, but makes you smile when you shove him down the stairs!"

I laughed my ass off!